When mobile users aren’t turning into mobile sales
Slow mobile Internet connectivity and different screen sizes make non-mobile optimized e-commerce websites fall flat – even when mobile traffic grows to sizeable proportions. Fun and Function had been improving its online store built on the Magento platform over several years, but was not ready to completely redesign everything from scratch, an approach required by responsive mobile website theme redesign.
This is why Fun and Function turned to MavenEcommerce to design, built and deploy a mobile-optimized mobile version
of the web store built from the components of the existing Magento platform, solving the problem of the previous non-mobile ready storefront that was not well adapted to shoppers accessing it from mobile phones and tablets.
Delighting mobile shoppers with great UX – fast!
While Fun and Function’s original Magento Community Suite was a feature-rich eCommerce platform that worked very well for customers using large screen tablets, laptops and desktop PCs, functionality of their online channel was not very well suited for the small screens of most mobile phones and standard tablet PCs. Therefore, Magento’s promise of an unrivaled shopping experience for their customers was not being met when it came to mobile customers.
As you may be aware, Magento Mobile Commerce suite features:
- Support for native applications on iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices
- Integration with current product catalog, CMS and store configurations
- Real-time customization including updates for promotions and merchandising
- Supports the same range of checkout capabilities as the desktop version
The simplified mobile shopping experience
Using Mobile HTML5, Magento Mobile Commerce storefront was optimized for mobile devices. Specifically, Mobile optimization delivers the following features:
- Device-specific media capabilities for audio and video
- User-friendly search and results display for user’s specific device
- Clean display of product detail pages, as fewer products are displayed at once
- Pinch, multi-touch and scaling for product images
- Easy swipe between product images
- Drag-and-drop of products to the shopping cart
Mobile version of a Magento store should look like this
The Fun and Function
team had chosen MavenEcommerce as one of the most Agile and customer-focused Magento providers who not only quickly responded to the request, but also proactively suggested adding additional shipping options integration, as well as several advanced features.
About Fun and Function
Fun and Function is as online store for children’s toys and kid-friendly sensory tools. A team of occupational therapists runs the store and curates products that improve the lives of kids with special needs by making developmental and therapeutic difference in the lives of their customers.